Indiana Truck Scene Forum

Indiana Truck Scene Forum (http://www.indianatruckscene.com/forum/index.php)
-   Lifted and SAS Trucks (http://www.indianatruckscene.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=48)
-   -   2005 lifted Dmax (http://www.indianatruckscene.com/forum/showthread.php?t=206)

justafarmtruck 11-12-2012 07:58 PM

2005 lifted Dmax

5 Attachment(s)
Just over a year ago I bought this 2005 Duramax with plans of a mild good running street build nothing to crazy (built trans. EFI Live, lift pump, and other little tweaks). within about 2 months I had exactly that.... but it didnt stop at that point. I ended up trading off building a set of powerstroke injectors for a local diesel shop for a body lift and a few other things. Then kinda joking with a buddy one day I told him if he found me a good set of 37's that fit my rims on craigs list Id make them fit... about a week later I got a phone call and he did exactly that and i ended up knowing the person that had them and had about $200 in a basicly brand new set of 37in. Interco M16's.. so it was then time to make them fit...... I called up a buddy from a offroad shop and got a killer deal on a Zone offroad lift to go along with my 3in body lift already installed. the truck most the winter like that as I dont drive it in the snow and salt... I hauled my GTO to the local drag strip where I always race at and a few of us buddys bring our diesel trucks to beat on the kids off the street at test n tune on friday nights after missing racing my truck and people thinking i wouldnt i unhooked my truck from the trailer and raced it running a 13.1 1/4mi pass on the 37's with 10.5in of lift. I then had the urge to go faster.... again... so i thought id add a little Spray... a Diesel shop I do tuning for owed me money so I traded off some of that for some nitrous that I thought would be fun.. after installing that and making 3 test passes on the 80hp jet on the street the batmo wheel caused to high of drive pressure on the stock turbo and blew up hard! so the build started again where it ended up with the twin turbos and everything else listed in my sig. Ill load pictures as accourdingly as I can to the build

justafarmtruck 11-12-2012 08:20 PM

5 Attachment(s)
time line

justafarmtruck 11-12-2012 08:29 PM

5 Attachment(s)
time line

justafarmtruck 11-12-2012 08:34 PM

4 Attachment(s)
ending of timeline so far and other pics of the Dirty D

Bearcat91 11-12-2012 08:40 PM

bad ass truck dude! under the hood pics?!

Devs93 11-13-2012 06:34 AM

badass Trevor keep it up!

Red91 11-13-2012 10:16 AM

How did I miss this?! That thing is :boobs:

Sent from my ADR6350 using Tapatalk 2

98chev 11-13-2012 12:51 PM

man you must have a nice friend to help you build that.. he didnt even get any recognition in that whole post! lol nothing about the all nighter to finish the suspension lift, or the part where he finished the body lift.. or the part where he talked you into whited out! haha just kiddin. it has definately been a fun truck to help build. whats even more awesome is the fact that trevor doesnt like to drive so im usually stuck in the drivers seat :rocking:

Dau 11-23-2012 03:23 PM

very nice... i have a new duramax that i am messing around w/ slowly as its still under warranty but have a built 7.3 powerstroke and must say diesels are pretty fun to mess around w/

seathreader 05-02-2019 04:37 AM

It looks great! What brand of body lift are those?