View Single Post
Old 03-07-2013, 08:48 AM   #13
Hardtrailz

Too tired for pics, but my dad helped me by fetching tools and I got the rearend under truck in about 6 hours with much time wasted trying to find a replacement c clip for the u joint.

But here is a before shot of some 8.0 rears.

Here is an after shot of the 14 bolt

Some Detail's and Thoughts...
The u joints are different and requires a Precision #447 from Napa.

The driveshaft may be too long now even with the lift and longer rear control arms.

The locker is not silent when turning, but is awesome when on the gas on loose stuff.

The SOB is heavy to move around

My BDS shocks are complete junk and have stayed compressed when off the truck. Not too hard to just pull the shaft in and out.

The performance is good. Truck feels more solid. It is not a race truck and the gear ratio is not a big step, so who know if it is quicker. Not the goal of this.

With the big tires,, it does not drop lockup as easy as before.

My Scanguage indicates better cruising fuel economy.

The traction when punching the throttle of loose stuff is far and above the g80.

Sensors all worked first try.

SS rear brakes and standard rear brakes are the same. I am using my rotors and calipers even thought the rear came with the SS ones.

Need to check clearance to pangard bar. Seems close.

Anything longer than 26 inch extended shocks will necessitate me extending brake lines, but if I do...my spacer and spring combo wont be loose until about 28 inches.

Has drain plug on bottom and easy access fill plug. A huge improvement from the 8.0.

My speedo is off by 5 mph at 40 and 8 mph at 65. Should be better once 35s are on, but may send it to pcmforless for update.

Would I do it again...Hell yeah. Should have done sooner. I cant wait to have it all broke in a bit more and be able to beat on it some.

Really cant wait for sunday's front diff install now.
Hardtrailz is offline   Reply With Quote