View Single Post
Old 03-07-2013, 06:52 PM   #22
Hardtrailz

Originally Posted by Red91 View Post
Awesome truck man! I stumbled across your thread on trailvoy (I think it's called) how does the IFS hold up under those 35s and do out in the dirt? Do you daily it or is it just a toy? So many questions I see those trailblazers everywhere but they are all stock I always thought they were jacked up. Sick truck!
Trailvoy got bought verticalscope and killed. Everyone moved to gmtnation.comand offroadtb.com. Most of my stuff in on those.

The IFS is doing well actually. Upgraded to 3/4 ton straight tierods and they are doing well now. Found a place that reman's half shafts cheap and they are doing real well.

It does well in the dirt. Been in several states and through all kinds of terrain. Its not a rock crawler but a hell of a trail/expedition rig. Been chased down by jeep guys at offroad parks wanting to know how I got it where I did. I usually wheel with new JK's.

It was a DD until I moved 65 miles from work, so it is a weekend rig now. Still able to drive it 1000 miles and wheel all weekend comfortably and not worry. Bout 15 mpg still. Not bad for 35s and near 300 HP and being un-aerodynamic as shit.

The debate is SAS or build a truggy w an S10.

It does get used. I drive it to and from trails and all over the countryside exploring. It has been to George Washington National Forest in VA a few times, WindRock TN, Badlands in Attica, IN, Redbird near Dugger, IN, and lots of other places. It always surprises people and takes good care of me.

Some of the pics I really like...

Hardtrailz is offline   Reply With Quote