Go Back   Indiana Truck Scene Forum > Street Trucks > Build Threads

Build Threads Post up progress of your build

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 11-08-2012, 03:02 PM   #1
Old77
Full Access Members

Default Old77's '77 C-10 Build Thread (Pic heavy!!!)

The day we bought it...

Before
The truck was originally bought from an old man that lives next door to my brother back in November of 2003. The funny thing is when my brother first moved there (he moved into my SIL’s house when they got married) I was helping him move stuff and spotted this clean looking square parked behind this old man’s house near his workshop. My brother was in need in of replacing his truck (85 s-10) and I was trying to talk him into buying this truck to replace it and I was going to take his 85 s-10 (which he was going to just give to me) and that was going to be my project. About a week after helping him move he called me up saying that the old man would sell me the 77 for $1k. I was floored at the time (looking back I may have over paid on the deal but you live and learn :shrug) and called my dad up to see if he’d be interested in a father/son project. I was mainly doing it to help split the costs at the time but still would have bought the truck had he said no. Little did I know that the build would bring us closer together and makes the truck a million times more valuable to me than it otherwise would have and it’s also become really enjoyable between me and my boys. From the very beginning this truck was going to be a driving project and do things as we go and still keep it on the road as much as possible.

Anyway, here is when we first bought it.

We drove it home 500 miles from Markleville, Indiana (est 30 miles Northeast of Indianapolis) to just south of KC, Mo. It had a very weak 305 backed by an equally week TH350 and pretty much all of the drivetrain was original to the truck. The 305 used and leaked oil and was lucky to produce maybe 100 hp to the rear wheels. Before we left we replaced all belts, filters and a few other odds and ends to hopefully make it a successful trip. We did make it home with very few problems but it was not a FAST trip by any means

Keep in mind, this project started when I lived in my first house complete with just a one car garage!! I now live in a house with a 2 car garage and I’m still limited on space but nothing compared to the original setup!!

Last edited by Old77; 11-08-2012 at 03:14 PM.
Old77 is offline   Reply With Quote