Go Back   Indiana Truck Scene Forum > Street Trucks > Build Threads

Build Threads Post up progress of your build

Old 07-21-2013, 02:35 AM   #1
Red91
Full Access Members

Default Sargent Hacked

Well some people have seen some pics of the "Sarg" as I have so aptly named it, after today. But just in case here is a "First day" pic, on the outside it doesn't look to bad.

However.......

Sadly that was only a "teaser"

Annnnnnddddd tttthhheeennnn........

Whats wrong with this picture.........

Well the airline had to come from somewhere.......

That will be patched FYI

Luckily I was already planning on de-humping the arms, to lay on the 20s, so in hindsight it really isn't that big of a deal. I already have a Thor Bros front kit on the way, so it will get done right this time around. I didn't take pictures of other hacked garbage I found today, I wanted to focus strictly on the lower arms. I had some family stuff this afternoon so I had a 3-4 hr break. I worked on it until I got to a point where I was going to have to start up the cutting wheel/grinder at midnight. I like the relationship I have with my neighbors so I decided to wait until tomorrow to finish them. So here is how far I was able to get tonight. Now I still need to weld it from the bottom and make the last filler piece for the area next to the ball joint, but my templates are made. I am patching all of this with 3/16" plate. As you could imagine the last thing I want to do is hack this thing again.

My plan is to move front to back, methodically fixing all of the layers of garbage work. Progress wont be fast, my goal is to make it steady. Taking my time and doing it right the "first" time. I know I am at least the 3rd owner in WI and it has also been titled in Iowa and Minnesota, and apparently everyone of them did crap work. To make it better they put it on top of crap work.

My Facebook
Red91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2013, 10:21 AM   #2
Bearcat91
Full Access Members

Default Re: Sargent Hacked

The sarg looks like a fun project man!

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk 2
Old 07-22-2013, 02:39 AM   #3
Red91
Full Access Members

Thanks Geoff. I has been so far, I plan to keep it simple which will make it more "feasible" to complete.

Well I did come really close to finishing the lowers today. I need to go get another 60 grit flapper wheel and some primer tomorrow so I can get everything finished up and start cleaning the uppers. After the Uppers are cleaned and painted I will start cleaning up the frame horns. Either way on with the pics!!!!!
Here is the Driver side arm "done" aside from paint and some more cleaning.

A little cutting grinding and welding later... BAM! Passenger side is done.

I will see what I get done tomorrow, my hope is to get them smoothed out and at least primed.

My Facebook
Old 07-22-2013, 09:45 AM   #4
Old77
Full Access Members

I hate having to fix other people's crappy job

Old77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2013, 09:48 AM   #5
Professorkaos
Full Access Members

Looking good!

'93 Bodied S10....Classick
MidwestMinis.net
Professorkaos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2013, 10:34 AM   #6
Red91
Full Access Members

There is plenty of crap to fix on this truck, the chassis wiring is so hacked I will probably end up gutting it and just get a painless kit or something like it. Fixing the garbage really doesn't bother me, it makes it a bit more of a "challenge" Lol

Thanks Josh!

My Facebook

Last edited by Red91; 07-22-2013 at 11:15 AM.
Old 07-31-2013, 05:57 PM   #7
Red91
Full Access Members

Progress has stopped since this, work has been SLAMMED so I am pulling down a lot of overtime. Don't know exactly what I am going to do with the "new found" cash but I have a few ideas...... I just have to pick one. If all goes to plan eventually I will be able to do all of them, I just have to decide where to start.

My Facebook
Old 08-01-2013, 09:29 PM   #8
Old77
Full Access Members

do allllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllll of them
Old77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2013, 11:07 AM   #9
Red91
Full Access Members

Lol I would if cash flow wasnt a problem!

My Facebook
Old 08-07-2013, 05:49 PM   #10
Red91
Full Access Members

I went and picked this up yesterday.......

So now I am on the hunt for the rest of it! It's a 4.8/5.3 block that has been freshly machined .020 over line honed, magna fluxed and has new cam bearings. I found it local on Craigslist for $250!! I was planning on haggling with the guy, but when I got there and saw his built 3rd gen I have seen at most of the local shows. I knew that was out. Lol Either way I am happy with the deal. I essentially paid for machine work and got a free block. I have a set of 243 heads from a tbss that I picked up when I still had Red. I was trying to sell them but now I gotta use em! The trouble now is figuring out what trans I want to run. Honestly I am thinking auto mostly due to cost and availability. Either way this was one of my plans! Now it has been set in motion!

My Facebook