Go Back   Indiana Truck Scene Forum > Indiana Truck Scene > Introductions

Introductions Sign up and introduce yourself

Old 10-30-2012, 07:11 AM   #11
Darkrider
Full Access Members

Originally Posted by Old77 View Post
Yeah, that's one of my favorite mods on the truck
How difficult were they to install? Would love to retrofit nbs seats into my crew.

Powered by Detroit Diesel
Darkrider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2012, 08:22 AM   #12
Old77
Full Access Members

Originally Posted by Darkrider View Post
How difficult were they to install? Would love to retrofit nbs seats into my crew.

Powered by Detroit Diesel
Your crew cab may be much easier as I'd assume that the floor in your crew cab is fairly flat. In a regular cab square body it's quite a bit of work due to the humps in the floor that are there for the gas tank(s). I had to relocate the gas tank to the rear and used a tank for a Burb/Blazer to fit between the rear frame rails. Then I had to cut down the humps in the floor board in order to fit the seats in. I've also seen people modify the seats and keep the floor stock but IMO if you can keep the seats stock the install will look MUCH cleaner. When I'm at a cruise night or a show with it people look at the install and think that they just bolted in which is what I was going for. It's not until I point out the cut down humped that they realize the work that went in to putting them in.

For a complete write up of what I did visit Shaggy's square body forum and go to this link...
http://www.gmsquarebody.com/forum/showthread.php?t=375
Old77 is offline   Reply With Quote