Thread: Sargent Hacked
View Single Post
Old 07-21-2013, 02:35 AM   #1
Red91
Full Access Members

Default Sargent Hacked

Well some people have seen some pics of the "Sarg" as I have so aptly named it, after today. But just in case here is a "First day" pic, on the outside it doesn't look to bad.

However.......

Sadly that was only a "teaser"

Annnnnnddddd tttthhheeennnn........

Whats wrong with this picture.........

Well the airline had to come from somewhere.......

That will be patched FYI

Luckily I was already planning on de-humping the arms, to lay on the 20s, so in hindsight it really isn't that big of a deal. I already have a Thor Bros front kit on the way, so it will get done right this time around. I didn't take pictures of other hacked garbage I found today, I wanted to focus strictly on the lower arms. I had some family stuff this afternoon so I had a 3-4 hr break. I worked on it until I got to a point where I was going to have to start up the cutting wheel/grinder at midnight. I like the relationship I have with my neighbors so I decided to wait until tomorrow to finish them. So here is how far I was able to get tonight. Now I still need to weld it from the bottom and make the last filler piece for the area next to the ball joint, but my templates are made. I am patching all of this with 3/16" plate. As you could imagine the last thing I want to do is hack this thing again.

My plan is to move front to back, methodically fixing all of the layers of garbage work. Progress wont be fast, my goal is to make it steady. Taking my time and doing it right the "first" time. I know I am at least the 3rd owner in WI and it has also been titled in Iowa and Minnesota, and apparently everyone of them did crap work. To make it better they put it on top of crap work.

My Facebook
Red91 is offline   Reply With Quote