View Single Post
Old 10-09-2012, 06:35 AM   #2
Devs93
Full Access Members

This is factory, put spacer on top of that round metal guy on top of bushing.

Make sure to use a washer on the bolts you put in the blocks, as it would be silly not to, you don't want to be silly.. do you?

It's ok to thread them in now, you will be taking them all out later to loc-tite them, remember for the front one, the bolt threads down, use a washer to silly! for the bottom of that bolt use the BIG washers that came in the kit.

Ok, so I'm hoping you all understood this so far, if there was no problems with things binding you can go to passenger side and repeat the same steps, but for the other side, remember to blow out the threads from the body after removing bolts and lube them. When lifting passenger side, watch out for the ground straps by manifolds, you don't want to hyper extend them and rip them.

Once all body mount bolts are in, take them out and loc-tite them, then put them back in, torque to 65, if you don't have a torque wrench, then reef them in by hand and figure out which vein in your hand pops out when things are tight.

Now go back to the steering arm, it should be apart now, Spray some PB or put some grease in the extension so the steering shaft will slide in. I put the male end of the extension in the upper shaft first, then put some vice grips on the lower shaft, then lined up the shaft with the female pare of the extension, then tapped the vice grips with a hammer to get it in the extension, the lower steering shaft is telescopic. It's like a dog wiener I guess you could say.

Use factory hardware for upper and use the new 1 1/4 bolt and 5/16ths lock nut, use washers!

Now you can put those bumper relocators on the opposite way they came off, (3 bolts in a triangular pattern) then put bumper on, put the outer bracket relocators on (the curved part goes towards front of truck as you can see in this next picture, then swing outer brackets back in their spot once bumper is back on the new relocators, bolt everything up, torque to about 80-85 ft lbs.

You should look like this now ^ ^ ^

now you can put that trim piece back on top of bumper there (the one that has the clips on it) then put the grille on, and the parking light housings.

I'd assume you put the upper shroud on too, if not, go ahead.

Alrighty close that hood, and move to back of the truck, there is 8 BOLTS on a short bed and Long bed, regardless of what the instructions say for these Zone kits.

The bolts thread up in to box, but you cannot just get in box and take a nut out, it's not that easy.. You will need an extension to run up through the frame in a hole, there is 1 right after the last body mount from frame, then another, then another and 1 by rear bumper (sort of) they all run right down the line, other side is same way, the 2nd one for drivers side is hard to get to, there is brake lines in the way and the gas tank, be careful.

Like before, remove one side (clean threads with compressed air and lubricate) and loosen other, raise the box with 2 jacks on 1 side, slide blocks in, put bolts in (with washers) do a few turns, repeat on other side.

If you start with drivers side first, make sure that filler neck doesn't bind up and break plastic parts as you lift.

After the box is up, now is where you begin on filler neck, get a box cutter knife or something shard, DON'T USE POWER TOOLS BY GAS TANK, if 1 spark flies down that filler neck and lands in tank, you will be dead probably, because you disregarded my directions

Cut the filler neck about 2-2.5 inches after that hose clamp by metal part of neck, then get some petroleum based grease and put it on your filler neck extension, slide it in the half of the hose closest to gas tank about 1 INCH, then put 2 hose clamps on that, then move to other side, slide it on about 1 inch, then have someone pull it up towards truck so you can screw it back on, then tighten them hose clamps where metal goes in to both sides of hose.

That's it. If you got rear relocators for bumper or you know how to flip factory ones, let's see it and how to do it.

Here's some more pictures of my truck.

Before body lift:

After Body lift:

Bought this for my frame, at a good time too, $20.00 Mail in Rebate brought it down to 60 bucks.

Thanks for Reading!
http://www.gmt400.com/forum/showthre...B-Build-Thread
FB
http://www.facebook.com/#!/profile.p...00001465284578
Negative Altitudes Draggin That Shit Since 2006
Devs93 is offline   Reply With Quote