View Single Post
Old 11-26-2012, 09:11 AM   #2
Devs93
Full Access Members

]
19. We used that metal to relocate the harness up higher on the firewall. Once it was out of the way, we welded it in place. Then we welded in a tub for the tires. One thing to note, we did have to remove the e-brake pedal in this process.

20. On the passenger side, we marked the spot for the wheels. It’s just below the bump-out for the cowl.

21. After cutting out the passenger side, we found a fun little surprise – the blower motor. Don’t worry, the way we’re doing this you can keep your a/c and heat and still run 22’s in the front.

22. The tub on this side is the same as on the driver’s side, but we notched it for the blower motor. Then we used sheetmetal to cover it up as closely as possible. After it was all said and done, we had at least a ½” between the tire and the fenderwell.

23. Our fenders were already notched from bagging the truck, but they had to come up about 3” higher. We used an airsaw to handle the job, and at another time we’ll weld up some fender tubs to make it look pretty.

24. When all was said and done, we place dynamat all over the floor. The transmission, the new exhaust, and everything else is a lot closer to the floor, and so is the heat they radiate. Notice that we put the extreme mat right over the tranny and the exhaust area. We also doubled up on the drivers side, so the mat is level with the channel – that way we don’t notice it when we’re driving.

25. After everything was said and done, the stock carpet dropped right in place, with a little work. You’d never know that it was bodydropped.

Source:

Dynamic Control of North America (Dynamat)
3042 Symmes Road
Hamilton, Ohio 45015
(513) 860-5094
www.dynamat.com

Flex-a-lite
(800) 851-1510
www.flex-a-lite.com

Hydratech Braking Systems
26642 Haverhill
Warren, MI 48091
(586) 427-6970
www.hydroboost.com

Q&A

Q: How do I figure out if I should channel my truck?

A: It's all math. A-B+.25=C, here's how you figure out which is which.

Take a piece of square tubing, and clamp it to the bottom of your frame. This will represent the ground. Then measure the distance between the top of the square tubing and the bottom of the rocker. Should you want to go to the door, then just measure to the door. That number that you get is now referred to as A.

Now measure the distance from the top of the frame to the bottom of the cab. You want to take into consideration which part is the actual floor versus what is a crossmember, and measure off of the floor. That number is now referred to as B.

Let's put this into practice.

99-06 Chevy truck. I measure, and it's 2.75" to rocker. It's 2" to the bottom of the floor. So...

A-B+.25=C
(2.75-2)+.25=C
.75+.25=C
1=C

If you channeled the truck, you'd have a 1" tall channel.

How about a 88-98?

(2.75-1)+.25=C
1.75+.25=C
2=C

A 1" channel isn't bad, but the 2" channel we did on Dante81_98's truck is a bit tall. It's ultimately still better than a traditional bodydrop, but in that case, a stock floor may have worked out better.
http://www.gmt400.com/forum/showthre...B-Build-Thread
FB
http://www.facebook.com/#!/profile.p...00001465284578
Negative Altitudes Draggin That Shit Since 2006
Devs93 is offline   Reply With Quote