Go Back   Indiana Truck Scene Forum > Street Trucks > Build Threads

Build Threads Post up progress of your build

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 10-09-2012, 09:17 AM   #1
dagen_1
Full Access Members

Default 89 Cheyenne Resto/Makeover

I copied this thread from FSC, so the time-line isn't accurate.[/B]

The truck was originally from Hickory, N.C. The original owner moved to Va. just before i bought the truck. The previous owner had installed a fifth-wheel hitch in the bed to pull his 4-banger race car to the local track leaving 8 bolt holes in the bed (which are gone later).

The tired 305 and 400 tranny got rebuilt just over 8k miles before i got the truck. The previous owner was wanting an NBS and decided to sell me the 89.

I used the truck as a work truck the first year i had it. After tinting the windows and installing a Kenwood deck, the Western Chassis 4/6 drop kit was the first real modification done to the truck. DT Nitro Slammers were installed at each corner.

this pic was taken at the shop that put on the 4/6. The tires were 235/75/15 at the time.

My health went downhill some last winter slowing my plans down due to a $17,000 hospital bill. During this time i changed jobs and the truck was no longer a work truck and my car became the new Daily Driver.

Next on the list were a GoodMark Cowl Hood, Street Scene mirriors, 90+ composite lights, clear markers, and clear park lights. I rattle canned the grille to freshen it up even though i had plans for a new grille. I bought a set of Pacer DragStar wheels dirt cheap and threw them on temporarily running 235/60/15 in front and 255/60/15 out back.

Being a tall guy at 6ft 4in, the non-tilt column was a pain. So installing the tilt unit from a 94 was my next move.

[/QUOTE]

DeWayne
'89 Cheyenne
'94 Silverado Z71
My Facebook
My Build Thread
dagen_1 is offline   Reply With Quote